Wednesday, April 1, 2009

CRANK DOWN THE VOLUME

Could I be the only one out here who is tired of holding onto the remote all the time because as soon as a commercial comes on the volume pumps up so high that the neighbors can hear it? It used to be that the commercials couldn't be any louder than the loudest part of the show but that seems to have fallen by the wayside. I mean is it really necessary that if I should decide to go to the kitchen to get a drink or some chips that I hear the whole advertisement about something that I could care less about?

Well dear advertisers, I have taken to muting all of your messages or recording the program so that I can just speed thru all of the commercials. True, I won't be able to see things in real time but I don't have to sit with the remote in my hand. All things considered it just boils down to good old fashioned greed and that is something the whole world could do without. If fact, if greed isn't brought under control and soon, what is going to happen to this planet of ours? Over pricing products for sale is pushing consumers to the brink. I don't buy brand name products much anymore. I've learned to buy the generics and spice them up some how and have turned to buying more and more fresh produce from the growers, even if it means going out of my way do do so. And I am not alone. You should keep that in mind when raising your prices higher and higher. We are making serious cut backs in our budgets and it's time for you to do the same. And a nice start would be to crank down the volume on your commercials and maybe I will listen to them.

That's my take, let me hear from you.
Mike

No comments: