Monday, September 8, 2008

POLITICS AS USUAL

Well it's that time again. Once every four years it happens and no, I'm not talking about the summer Olympics, that I like. No, it's time for the dirt to be hitting the fan in the presidential elections and their commercials. Smear campaigns on every channel, except the premium channels and those are what I will be watching. I have sent letters to newspapers, TV and radio stations and to the candidates for years all to no avail. Don't tell me what you know or think about your opponent, talk to me about you and let me make up my own mind. I already know that I don't want a book burning soccer mom (aka pit bull with lipstick, a heartbeat away from the top job in the world). Hillary I would have loved to have seen but not Palin and I made up my own mind from watching the conventions.

And if you are planning to enforce the beliefs of your personal religion on this nation, stop now. I have already lived thru too much of that already. Read the constitution and the bill of rights and follow them. No one religion will satisfy an entire nation, nor should it. And equal rights for all citizens means exactly that, not just what you personally believe in. If you don't believe in abortion, don't have one. If you don't believe in gay marriage, that is your personal belief but don't think that it gives you the right to stop others from what they believe in. That is NOT your right. I don't tell you how who to pray to, don't tell me who I can marry.
Mike

1 comment:

thewriterslife said...

Love your new blog, Mikee! I have a question. If Palin is gun ho about banning books, how gun ho is she about accepting mixed gender marriages? Something to think about, huh?