Friday, October 24, 2008

FIFTEEN MINUTES A DAY

It occurs to me that all things considered, I have a lot to be grateful for and I've been lucky enough to have a lot of help along the way. And now it's my turn to be on the helping end and yours too if you want to join in. There are 24 hours in everyday and if we all take just one quarter of one of those hours to help someone else we can make this a better world. Maybe you could call people who you know are shut-ins or just alone and make their day and you will feel better about yourself as well. Make phone calls from your home to encourage people to get out and vote for the candidate of their choice and make a difference for your area or for all of the USA.

There are all kinds of volunteer organizations that would love to have an hour or two of your time even if it's only once a week if you can spare the time. And another benefit of doing this kind of work is that you are likely to make friendships with others, people who also want to share and make a difference and after all who doesn't want more good friends like them.

At sometime in your life there was someone there for you, could this be your time to reach out and give fifteen minutes of your time? I hope so and I'm glad to call you my friends.
Mike

No comments: